Demos aren’t often considered the most scalable part of the sales process. For sellers of physical products, there are the logistical complications of actually getting your product in front of buyers; for SaaS companies and sellers of digital products, demos are often 1-on-1 appointments. Product demos conducted at digital trade fairs aren’t impacted by these constraints and have several benefits:
- 1-on-1 demos: Digital demos can be performed with various stakeholders simultaneously, even if they’re in different locations. Rather than relying on a couple of reps at a booth, multiple digital demos can be conducted at once.
- Mass demos: Attendees from multiple companies can take part in a single demo, rather than individual demos at a booth. Mass demos are far more time- and cost-efficient as you’re pitching to more people at once. To optimize mass demos try and have a sales rep present the demo while another moderates the chat. This way, the presenter can address questions and comments in real-time and the moderator can gauge interest from individual participants. Their questions, concerns, and suggestions can all be added to contact records in your CRM—perfect data for post-demo follow ups.
- Showcase your product: a problem facing sellers of physical products is how to demo products digitally. Two types of software are making this possible, and scalable: 3D product configurators and augmented reality (AR).
- 3D configurators present a photorealistic image of a product that a user can customize and interact with. Using a 3D product configurator truly enhances a digital product demo, giving users the chance to interact with and inspect the product as the rep outlines its features and benefits.
- AR takes this a step further by allowing demo participants to insert a 3D image of your product into their space, whether that’s the home, office, or factory.
Like many parts of the consumer market, 2022 has pushed sellers to adopt new ways of reaching their buyers. Although losing many of the benefits of physical trade shows—handshakes, lunches, after-show drinks—might be a culture shock, there are so many cost-efficient benefits to going digital. It might be some time before physical shows return, so consider investigating and investing in digital alternatives.
If you are interested in learning more or having an expert evaluate your marketplace or marketplace idea, get in touch with a Shuup marketplace expert today!